- Situated in the département Gard ( 30 ), in between Provence and Cévennes, the camping is 6 km from Goudargues, a small town with all the facilities, called “Little Venice”.
- 4 km from the camping ground is a supermarket ( intermarche ).
- 5 km: a beautiful village Cornillon, with great views over the Cèze valley.
- 2 km on foot ( 5 km by car ), La Roque-sur-Cèze, one of the most beautiful towns of the Gard, can be reached by foot leaving from the camping: cross the Cèze, climb the mountain, pass 2 km of garrigue, before reaching the magnificent natural phenomenon “les Cascades du Sautadet”.
- The Chartreuse de Valbonne abbey is at 6 km. This magnificent abbey can be visited, and home made wine and products are available at the abbey store. From the Chartreuse, a nice walk leads to the jardin botanique.
- 15 km from the camping, Bagnols-sur-Cèze is the nearest town, with a provençal market on Wednesday mornings, museums, a cinema, festivals and more …
- 20 km, Pont-St-Esprit, a small medieval town, with a market on Saturday mornings. Its clunisian sites are must-sees, as is the museum of Sacred Art…
- Several Caves can be visited, the caves of Orgnac and the Grottes de la Salamandre at Mejannes-le Clap are the nearest, at less than 20 km.
- Avignon, famous for its Pont, the theater festival in July Juillet, the Papal Palace, it’s cultural life in general, situated at only 40 km.
- Uzès, at 35 km, is a nice art town, with cobbled streets, magnificent houses, shops and a market on saturday morning.
- Orange, 35 km, has two Roman monuments : the antique amphitheatre and the arch.
- Nîmes, préfecture of the Gard, very much alive. It offers arenas, the Maison Carrée, Roman walls, the garden “Jardins de la Fontaine”, a welcoming and warm city.
The Camargue and the sand beaches, at 90 km, tresures of beauty, white horses, black bulls ( taureaux ) and pink flamingo’s ! Towns like Aigues-Mortes, Les Saintes-Maries-de-la-mer, Le Grau-du-Roi for its beaches, are definitly worth a visit!
- Other regional curiosities : the Crocodile Farm ( Pierrelatte, 35 km ), the Bambouseraie d’Anduze and the small train of the Cévennes ( about 60 km ). Consider Vallon-Pont-d’Arc for a descend of the Ardèche river, and Orange ( 35 km ) and Arles ( environ 80 km ) for the cultural heritage.
For the children, possible discoveries : The Bonbon Museum ( Uzès ), Parc Amazonia ( Roquemaure, 35 km ), aquatic space La Bouscarasse ( Uzès ), the caves in the region.